Title: Fear of Heights (The Heightsbound Series #2)
Author: Mara White
Series: The Heightsbound Series
Publication Date: September, 12, 2014
Event Organized By: Literati Author Services, Inc.
What are you willing to sacrifice for love? Your family? Your freedom? What about your life?
She’s a wealthy, forty-three-year-old Upper East Sider with a PhD – He’s a twenty-three-year-old Dominican drug dealer from Washington Heights.
Kate Champion always did exactly what was expected of her. She was the perfect wife, the perfect mother – until the day she met Jaylee Inoa.
Their journey travels a path riddled with danger, deceit, scandal and loss – where nothing is as it seems. Yet Kate and Jaylee’s passion for one another remains nearly unstoppable.
Will this daring pair of lovers from two different worlds triumph over circumstance? Can they deny the past in their quest to be together? Or is fear the ultimate navigator - a force more powerful than love?
Exclusive Excerpt -
Read Our 5 Smoking Guns Review Of Fear Of Heights - HERE!
About The Author -
I’m a reader, a writer, and a lover of all things romantic. I’m also a coffee, hot sauce, ink, telenovela and Bikram Yoga enthusiast. I live in New York City with my husband and two children, and I spend a lot of time on the playground.
Get To Know Mara -
1. My maternal great-grandmother was a Titanic survivor. So, if not for her valor on April 14, 1912, (and her ability to row) I wouldn’t be here.
2. I’m a lifelong vegetarian and lover and adorerer(er) of all things living!
3. I attended both a vocational, agricultural high school in extremely rural Mexico and an Ivy League university.
4. I’m a fan of highbrow and lowbrow culture, but find myself not so excited about the stuff in between.
5. I’m allergic to garlic- like all good vampires.
6. I married my high school sweetheart (we’re still married and he’s still a sweetheart).
7. No one can guess my ethnicity but everybody seems to love trying.
8. I like to nerd-out on Wikipedia both editing already existing articles and creating new ones.
9. I love science, but math makes me cry.
10. I can’t drive and I don’t have a license, but I’ll gladly hail you a cab.
Mara’s Top Ten Films (of all time) -
This list is so difficult! (The only one that might be more challenging is top ten books)
I feel like films can speak to so many different facets of our consciousness. And whether or not you like or dislike them doesn’t always figure in to the equation of how much they affect you. So all of the films listed here influenced me heavily at some point or another in my life –as to whether or not they influenced my writing is harder to determine. However, each one left a deep impression on me. I can’t possibly list them in order of more to less so I will list them in order of year released.
1. Imitation of Life (1959) Douglas Sirk
2. That Obscure Object of Desire "Cet obscur objet du désir" (1977) Luis Buñel
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Steven Spielberg
4. Suburbia (1983) Penelope Spheeris
5. Agnes of God (1985) Norman Jewison
6. The Goonies (1985) Richard Donner
7. The Lost Boys (1987) Joel Schumacher
8. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown "Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios" (1988) Pedro Almodóvar
9. My Own Private Idaho (1991) Gus Van Sant
10. Battle in Heaven "Batalla en el cielo" (2005) Carlos Reygadas
There are so many others that I feel terrible for leaving out but with only ten – these are the few that left the very deepest footprints.
Get The Heightsbound Series!
Enter The Giveaway!
Adult Content - 18+ please
Agents of Romance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program - an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Agents of Romance is also an Itunes Affiliate.
All the images on this site are copyrighted to their respectful owners.